Thursday, October 30, 2014

Six First Date Don'ts



I've had friends who've gone through some major first date blunders. Now, I am not saying I am the master of dating; it is a craft I continue to hone. I, like most men in the world, have had my share of first dates gone bad. First dates will already be filled with nervousness and butterflies, but I would like to give a few tips to help a guy out. Instead of learning by trial and error, apply the following six dating don’ts as part of your date night.   

  1. Dont say she looks pretty – Yes, pretty is a good compliment, but its date night. She just spent hours in the bathroom getting ready. Let her know she is beautiful, gorgeous, amazing etc.  
  2. Dont be on your phone – Dates are a time to be unplugged. The social media world, Fantasy Football scores, and all the texts can wait. This is a personal battle for me, so sometimes I just turn the phone off. Unless its an emergency, the rest of the world can wait a few hours.
  3. Dont dress down - I dont mean dress to the nines if youre going to Olive Garden and a movie but dont go in your shorts and graphic tee either. She will take time to look special for your date, so take time to look nice too. It shows this quality time with her was special enough to you to dress up a little.
  4. Dont eat anything youll regret – Garlic, Onion, beans etc. No explanation needed.
  5. Dont talk about past relationships- Past dating history will come eventually in the relationship. Your first date is not the time to rehash it though.
  6. Dont be late – A gentleman is always on time.

Now as a married man, I dont do the first date gig anymore, but I still avoid these don’ts on my own date nights with Meredith. By making sure you DONT do these dating fails, you DO have a chance at the second date. What are some of your dating don’ts?

No comments:

Post a Comment